Friday 13 September 2013

Carol and her StenSkape

Good Morning Splodgers,

How are you today? Well I feel the cold coming...only means one thing....Christmas is Coming!!

Today we are carrying on with StenSkape week and Carol has produced an AMAZING StenSkape. Carol is a new starter to the StenSkapes but you wouldn't think it.....Carol you have did an AMAZING job.




"This I have to admit is a very simple scene created using the fisherman StenSkape. It was created using distress inks in various  colours and then the images added in Black Soot. I knew I wanted the scene to depict the fisherman still fishing as the sun sets and the light starts to fade, so am hoping I have achieved this with the colours I chose. The reflections were made by turning the masks upside down and only lightly inking.
 
I have to admit I am a complete novice with the StenSkapes and particularly with the reflections, but have to say, using the Easy Ink Card and the Mad About Fishing StenSkape shows that even me a complete beginner in this area was able to achieve quite a good result quickly and with the minimum of materials. Love these StenSkapes will be trying to emulate some of the fantastic work I seen achieved using them. The best thing.......there are so many scenes you can create with just one mask. The possibilities are really endless.
Thanks for any comments you choose to leave here.
Happy Crafting
Carol xx



Carol has used the 'Mad  About Fishing' StenSkape and I am sure you will agree that she has done a BRILLIANT job.

Thank you Carol for your StenSkape and don't forget to call over to Carol's blog and see what she has been up to.

Thank you for calling by and see you tomorrow,

Susan x

7 comments:

  1. Fab project Carol. Gorjus colours n the reflections look really effective x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is brilliant! The sun set and reflections are so cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Carol, this is amazing it looks like an expensive painting, so impressive xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really lovely scene with the fishermen - the colours are just right and the reflections you've added really make the whole piece work together. Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely carol. Definitely does not look like you r a novice... Love the reflections x. K

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the scene you have created which looks absolutely beautiful by the way...my dad would love this card as he loves fishing so this would suit him down to ground!!

    I really must have a go at this technique...
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Carol. You have certainly achieved the sun going down effect. the colours and reflections are amazing.x

    ReplyDelete