Tuesday 14 May 2013

Meet Carol....

Carol Tadden

Good Morning Splodgy Splodgers,

Well who has the sun? It definately isn't hiding in Stockton, at least where I am! Plenty of wind threatening to snap my plants!!

Today is the last day of the new DT members and I hope you have enjoyed meeting everyone. Today I introduce Carol..
.

Hi All. I would like to introduce myself as one of the new members to the fabulous SplodgeAway Design Team. I am thrilled to be a part of this and was really surprised when I was given this opportunity. My name is Carol Tadden, I live in Buckinghamshire and am Mum to two wonderful teenagers that keep me busy. I began crafting when I was a very young girl, making little felt animals and believe it or not drew pictures onto paper, hammered nails into the outlines and wove twine, wire or string around to make a design!! That was many moons ago. I began crafting in earnest as a relaxation when the twins were born, having found the create and craft channel. My little box of then goodies has expanded into quite an amount of stash now and tends to take over at times!!!
My first attempts were in card making where I began to build up my knowledge of designs, decoupage etc. I was lucky enough to meet the fabulous Linda Brown, who ran her shop, very close to where I live and she encouraged me no end. It was through her that I attended her workshops and learn't an enormous amount. I really new nothing of mixed media, stamping, masking, building up designs until then,. So, thanks must go to Lin!!!
I have also dabbled in painting and cross stitch and at the moment as always I love working with metal sheets on a lot of my work. I really enjoy upcycling found items and altered art, and making home decor from my crafty goods.
I have been so inspired since by  the work of so many people and am always encouraged to aim higher. I love to experiment too, loads end up in the bin but there is always that moment when everything goes better than planned!!
I am so looking forward to working as part of the SplodgeAway Team.....can't wait to get started!!
Best Wishes to you All
Carol x






Thank you Carol for a lovely introduction. To see more of Carol's work please check out her blog .
http://crafting-tadpole.blogspot.co.uk/

Carol currently has an Egyptian the on her blog and I promise it is worth a visit.

Check back tomorrow for some amazing samples and exciting products,

Susan x x

8 comments:

  1. Hi Carol, wow, fabulous projects here, particularly the frame, it's so lovely to be on the same team, like you I can't wait to get started xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab creations Carol. I, too, especially like the frame. Welcome tn the team n I look forward to working with u x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous projects Carol and the Egyptian project on your blog is absolutely amazing!!
    Very much looking forward to being part of the Team with you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi carol and welcome lovely projects am looking forward to seeing more xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi carol. Nice to meet u.... Congratulations and I love the flower one.... Very ethereal ( I think that's the right word) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Carol I am sorry, I commented on your own Blog then got distracted. So a big welcome to our Team, you are a real inspiration Carol and I look forward to seeing your projects. Love your frame!!! Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous projects Carol, lovely to meet you
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Carol. Know i have already welcomed you but congratulations again and welcome to the team. Your projects are great. Look forward to seeing more.x

    ReplyDelete