Sunday 2 September 2012

Raspberry Ripple Emboss


Project By Rosie

What you need

White Base Card 8”x8”
Cream Card
Distress Inkpad – Pickled Raspberry
Everyday Splodge mask - Butterfly and Swirls
Steam punk Splodge mask Circles / Steam punk Splodge mask Cogs
Pink ribbon/Gems        Liquid Pearls - Flamingo
To make
I cut the cream card slightly smaller than the base card then I put it through the Grand Calibur using the Splodge mask circles. I put it through again but this time used the Steam punk cogs in the centre of the circle.

Next I blended Pickled Raspberry over the two outside circles and around the edges of the base card.

On the back of the cream card using the cogs mask and a ball tool I embossed elements from the mask into each corner and then embossed the butterflies from the swirls mask into each segment of the cog wheel.

Without adding anymore ink to your blending tool carefully colour the sections you have just embossed leaving the butterflies cream. (Do not worry if you go over the edges a little as we can rectify small blemishes next).

Now using a tiny amount of bleach and a paintbrush paint swirls onto the areas of card where you want to remove the pink distress ink as if by magic it bleaches out the ink revealing your pattern.

Cut out the circle and then assemble the card using adhesive and foam pads.
I put double sided tape along one edge and ruffled pink ribbon on top of it. Place silver peel offs      
around the outside edges of the card.

I added a gem in each corner and paper flowers and then  the pink dots were added through the swirls mask using the Liquid Pearls (this gives a good effect especially if  your hands shake) Now  carefully put the card to one side to dry so as not to smudge the dots.
Thanks For Looking


Rosie x

4 comments:

  1. This is lovely I love that Pickled Raspberry distress ink hugsss hun xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card. I, too love the pickled rasp distress ink. Love, your flowers !! Hugz, Jayne xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I hadn't seen the Pickled Rasberry ink but now I love it too. Very pretty card and good use of circles Mask. Can't work out what you put in the corners but I like it. Sam

    ReplyDelete