Sunday 16 September 2012

New Design Team Introductions


 
Let me introduce you to Eileen Godwin.....

I retired in 2008 when I was 60, after a long career in Retail Pharmacy. I was employed by LLoyds pharmacy as a Pharmacy Manager. A rewarding but stressful job, dealing with a large staff, wonderful customers and a very demanding Head Office!

Crafting, espesially making cards became my main hobby in 2004..... a truly brilliant 'Stress Buster'. I am married with three children, all with families of their own now.

My husband and I share our home with two small crossbreed dogs that are a  total joy. They are sisters, Daisy and Holly. They are three yeardsold this year (2012) and full of energy. They love to go on 'adventures' and that keeps us fit!
I also love reading, bird / wildlife watching and I'm an 'A' Class licence holder on Amateur Radio.

Eileen has put a stunning piece together for our delight today so enjoy.......

Project By eileen Godwin

Indigo Blu Stamps, Distress Markers, Inks and a SplodgeAway Mat.

Hello,   I've had a right messy time making this card for today's theme which is ‘W’ for  'Watercolour' great fun as well!

 Using my Splodge Away Mat (more about this super piece of kit in a moment)  I applied Scattered Straw, Tea Dye, Wild Honey and Frayed Burlap Distress Inks onto some very smooth white card stock. 

The Splodge Away Mat helped me to distributed the colours evenly without any lines.... how does it work?   Read on...

Normally I would press or swipe the Blending Tool into and across my distress ink pad .
This, on occasion, would result in uneven coverage where the ink was not evenly distributed onto the ink pads surface. Especially when the pad was ‘getting on a bit’!

With a Splodge Away Mat you apply the inks directly from the ink pad onto the mat itself, then use the blending tool to ‘buff’ the ink into a wide but evenly spread area on it’s special surface.

The materials used for the Mat stops any uneven ‘lump of colour and therefore as you go across your project  with the Blending Tool it allows a quicker, easier, much smoother application of even colour.  It has become one of my 'essential' tools.

Back to today’s card.

After blending all the colours I sprinkled some water onto the distress inks surface  to get a 'splattered ' look and then dried  it with a heat gun.

The Indigo Blu Butterfly Stamps were coloured directly onto the stamp with various Distress Markers and lightly sprayed with water before stamping to give me the 'Watercolour' effect I needed.

A few dabs here and there with some white acrylic paint, utilising a small bottle top and a plastic credit card to make some lines and circles. 

Mat and layer on to a White card Blank, add a Rub on Sentiment .. Job done!

Thanks for looking today ….  I'm hoping to get some SplodgeAway Masks soon … more inky fun … can't wait!

Eileen x

 

14 comments:

  1. Hi Eileen, as you know I was already a follower/fan of yours long before you joined our Team - so a MASSIVE WELCOME - Gorgeous project as always. The Radio thing sounds interesting?? Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for a lovely welcome Sam... I took the RAE(Radio Amateurs Exam) and a Morse Code exam years ago along with my husband ... we have consecutive call signs G0PCA and G0PCB (me) We have some large erections! (antennas) on top of the house.
      Ken also sells PMR (private mobile radio) communication equipment .. a bit like CB only it isn't Lol

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous card eileen, great technique i love the colours x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning Eileen I've loved your work for ages as you know and once again welcome to our team!! huggles hun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really gorgeous Eileen, I'm looking forward to seeing more of your creations Karen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are always a great support Karen ... Thank you xxx

      Delete
  5. Eileen's creations are amazing and I've been a follower of her blog for a while. This is another fabulous card.

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another super supporter ... Sarah ... love ya!
      E xx

      Delete
  6. Any chance of turning off the word verification... pretty please !!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Eileen, just bought a load of splodge away mats and masks for my shop. I have a brayer and have never been able to get good results before, thought I'd try it again with distress inks and the splodge mat and loved the results.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cards gorgeous ! Love the colour. Cant wait 2 see more of ur work. Hugz, jayne x x x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Welcome to the gang eileen. Your work is beautiful and looking forward to seeing lots more.x

    ReplyDelete