Monday 13 August 2012

Ornate Poppies


Project By Rosie

You will need

8" X 8’’ white card
Elegance card
Spellbinders  Dies
Doily stacker Die
Poppy Stamp
Distress Inks – Bundled Sage
Black Memento Inkpad
Ribbon ,pearls, mica powders, card candy

To Make Up.......

I started by cutting out the doilly die using a Grand Calibur using white card.
Next using Spellbinder Dies  I cut out the topper from Elegance card and then the two  Square Dies using an offcut of white card (these I cut in half to create 4 triangles.

Stamp the poppy design onto your topper using black memento inkpad and colour in with promarkers. Once dry I mixed some green mica powder and water on my splodgeaway mat and painted over the leaves.

I coloured my ribbon with the green distress ink and once it had dried stamped a leaf design along it.

Now using a blending tool , green distress ink and splodgeaway mat, blend over the  8’’ card letting the colour fade by using less pressure on the blending tool until you reach the centre of the card.

Blend around the edges of the topper and the doily.

Stamp around the edges of the topper and in the four corners of the card with the Distress ink pad.  I used a leaf design from clarity stamps on the corners.

Finally layer up the card using foam pads .Attatch the ribbon bow and  glue on the card candy and pearls I used Cosmic Shimmer Glue for the embellishments as it is strong and dries quickly.

Enjoy Your Crafty Day

Rosie x

3 comments:

  1. lovely card rosie, very pretty x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card love poppies xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rosie, I tried to leave you a comment when on holiday but couldn't. Just wanted to say I think this is really pretty, And I love the layout. Sam

    ReplyDelete