Sunday 19 August 2012

Masculine Distress !!


Something more masculine from me this week.......
Project By Karen Wright
Before I give you a little run down of “How to” I’d just like to say the SplodgeAway demonstrator mat is awesome so much more Splodge space to work on, it made making this card a breeze!

I started with some Tim Holtz kraft resist card, then using shabby shutter, tumbled glass, scattered straw, walnut stain and mustard seed distress inks I coloured the kraft card, the effect of the resist showing through is impressive.

Then using a piece of SplodgeAway easy ink card I randomly stamped a ships wheel in shabby shutters  when this had dried I then inked the card using tumbled glass, after this I used a splodgeAway balloon mask and ran it through the cuttlebug to emboss. I then used walnut stain to enhance the balloon pattern. To finish I distressed the edges and curled the corners.

Then for the main focus I used Adirondack caramel ink to stamp the ship on easy ink card, using a waterbrush I gently dragged the ink to give it a watercolour effect, I did the same on the waves and then added a little tumbled glass to colour  the rest of the card.


After finishing all the elements I assembled the card and finished with stickles and glossy accents, charms and a fabric brad.

All inks, mats and masks available from Suzicraft

All the stamps used are stampin’ up (very old sets)

Show us what you’ve been making with you mat and masks we’d love to come and visit your blogs, just leave a comment telling us what you’ve made and we will check you out

Karen x

3 comments:

  1. Hi there , great card, the map looks really good. I too like to like to slip the Balloon back into my work it so versatile isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this card Karen xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like this card loads Karen - the background is brilliant and I love the image and colours you have used.

    Great card for a man.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete