Tuesday 7 August 2012

'L' for Lace

Todays card is continuing with our 'SplodgeAway' alphabet theme and this is mine for 'L' for lace.

Three pieces of A4 cardstock two in beige and one in brown both pearlised and might I add the best quality and value for money I've found, which is in Suzicraft greatest place to craft ever :)

One piece folded to A5 for base of card, the other beige and brown card was cut with spellbinders edgeabilities in different patterns to form my 'faux' lace technique the beige and brown pieces were stuck together and placed alternately on a piece of cardstock with the beige lace glued into place.

I distressed the edges of some organza ribbon using my ever present SplodgeAway Mat (best thing ever for blending ink) and crinkled it carefully with my heat tool and added it to my card with two hat pins. The sentiment I used was from creative expressions. Labels 18 was cut in beige card and then I faux cut it again in the brown and added it to my card. Hope you like it and might I add all these products were bought at Suzicraft the friendliest craft shop in Stockton-on-Tees!!!

Hope you enjoy making the card.



Project By Sue Jimson

Please make sure you do not use a heat tool on your SplodgeAway Mat

bye for now Jimbo xxxx

5 comments:

  1. This looks really creative but not difficult to do - which is absolutely lovely!! I love the colours you have used and the dies are great.

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    PS I have been using Colour Box chalk ink pads on my SplodgeAway mat and even though I spritzed it with water then used kitchen roll on it, I can still see a residue of colour there. Is this normal please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue its lovely, love the layers x

    Planet susie, this is normal every now and again you can give your mat a spring clean with surgical spirits it will bring all marks off it, i hope this helps
    karen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very pretty Sue... Your colours are super and very elegant .. Thanks for the tip about heating the ribbon!
    E xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Sue, very pretty, Like the use of Hat pins too. Was nice having a natter with you today. Enjoy Saturday. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice colour combination, love the finishing touches with the hat pins. pretty card x

    ReplyDelete