Wednesday 15 August 2012

Dylusion Ghosting......

I have had a few people ask me how to use their Dylusion Ink Sprays when I have been out and about demonstrating so I thought I'd put this tutorial together for you.




You will need
SplodgeAway Mat
Selection of Dylusion Ink Sprays
Selection of Splodge-A-Masks
Water Mister
Watercolour Paper
Kitchen Towel



Spritz you watercolour paper with two ink sprays



Allow to soak in then roll your kitchen towel over wet paper


Lay your mask on and then spritz with a water mister.
Leave the mask in place and mop up the water with kitchen towel.


Remove mask and heat set with a heat tool.




Position your second mask and repeat the process.


For a more faded colour mop up extra ink with kitchen towel.


Project By Annette Lee

I then used an archival ink to stamp my chosen images.
Use a waterbrush to remove colour.
Spritz some ink onto your SplodgeAway mat and use as a paint palette.

I did lots of backgrounds like this and using other techniques at the same time. I'm going to bind them  to make an Art Journal  - you may see some of them in upcoming projects.
If you have any questions please leave a comment and we'll get back in touch

Happy Spritzing

Annette x

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous project! thank you for the tutorial. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those colours I have been messing about at home too thanks to you see you friday huggles xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may pull my dylusion sprays out now, thank you Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome Annette, great page, you're journal will be brilliant. Look forward to seeing it. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab technique love spritzing with masks not layered like this though, it looks brilliant, must have a play, thanks for the tut xxx

    ReplyDelete