Friday 6 July 2012

Something Useful


Please note this post will stay at the Top of the blog .... additional new postings will appear below.

 
We a putting out a DT call for papercrafters and scrappers to join the SplodgeAway Design Team. We are looking for people with a creative committment who can submit 3 projects a month and when required additional trade samples.

What you need to do is send the following information to annette.lee@splodgeaway.com

  • Full name, address, email address
  • A short biography on why you would like to be part of the SplodgeAway Desigm Team
  • Links to your online blog
  • A List of any other Design Teams you have been with or are still with
  • Submit 4 photos of your work. The projects must show that SplodgeAway has been used for the majority of the projects. One project must include a tutorial write up
The closing date is 20 July and winners will be notified by the end of July

Best of Luck

Annette
DT Co-ordinator

****************************************************************************
 

Something Useful



Project By Sam Crowe

This week the SplodgeAway DT were asked to do a colouring project. Well, I racked my brains, this should have been easy for me, I love colour, I got a Distinction in colour in my Interior Design course.... I SplodgeAway ALL the time!!! BUT NO, NOTHING CAME TO ME? Then I realised I was putting myself under too much pressure. Colour is everywhere, Suzicraft sell some gorgeous Distress Inks, Adirondack Inks, Cosmic Shimmers. beautiful coloured card and paper, everything you need, and I have most of it! But you don't have to try to use it all at once. A little mix up here and there is great, or just using separate mediums on their own often produces some lovely effects.



I decided to make something useful. I didn't have to even think about the project because everything I do has colour in it, my SplodgeAway mat never leaves my side!! So this is it, A peg stuck to the back back of a lovely stamped image (well I think so) a good old Splodge of colour with my distress inks, a bit of colouring with my Spectrum Noirs and a splash of Cosmic Shimmer on the pegs and there you have it - A note holder, a book mark or simply a little something to keep your receipts together in your handbag. Simple, Pretty!



Thanks for Stopping By

Sam x

No comments:

Post a Comment