Monday 30 July 2012

Pearls and Butterfly Swirl


Wow where to start on this card, there is quite a bit going on and a bit of an experiment in parts.



Starting on the teal bazzill  I randomly stamped a crafty individuals butterfly in white ink and then also embossed it in white WOW embossing powder.  I then over stamped the same butterfly with Versamark and dusted it with mica powder.

For the focal point I took the same shade of bazzill and stamped a crafty individuals butterfly script image in white and again embossed with white wow powder, I then applied Versamark over the image and dusted various colours of mica powder over the top, then I over stamped the image in black.


Project By Karen Wright

The base card was inked in champagne encore metallic ink using a brayer and SplodgeAway mat, then using the SplodgeAway Swirly Butterfly  Mask,  I inked through it with mocha pigment ink.

For the assembly I matted onto brushed gold metallic card, mounted with 3D foam, then finished using liquid pearls to enhance the swirls on the background and enhance the butterfly image, I also gave a border of liquid pearls to the bazzill card stock.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Karen - well I have a compliment for you, when I first looked I was surprised to see you had used a backing paper - but you hadn't you made it! Very professional and lovely I would buy that paper! Lovely card too. Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you just have done it again Karen great card hugsssss xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous - so many techniques too! That mask is gorgeous xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Karen - I was just thinking what a beautiful background paper and then I read on ...... this is brilliant it looks soooo good. I have a thing that butterflies need to look like the real thing - I don't like the cartoony ones at all. So this is definitely my cup of tea! Love the whole thing.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Karen, I love the use of liquid pearls to enhance the background swirls. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete