Sunday 20 May 2012

Mask It with Splodge-A-Mask !

This week, the  DT got to play with some of the Splodge-A-Masks and the lovely Karen Wright provided the Design Team with a Sketch Challenge. We were asked to incorporate either the Butterfly Swirl or Butterfly Flourish SplodgeAway Masks. Here is the sketch and Karen's card.




Feel free to interpret any way you want, you can turn it and flip it, the circles don’t have to be circles and the squares don’t have to be squares, as long as we can still see the sketch. The most important thing is to have fun.


Project By Karen Wright


 There's a number of different techniques in the design of Karen's card and the use of butterflies have really brought this card to life.




Sarah and Annette both followed the sketch quite closely and produced some very different results.



Project By Annette Lee


Annette used the butterfly swirl mask. It was spritzed with Cosmic Shimmer Vintage Mist -Antique Green and distressed with shabby shutter DI to create her background. You just need to allow the spritzed ink to dry before distressing otherwise the patina will rub off! 




Project By Sarah Craggs

Sarah really went to town messing with her DI's. She did comment that the SplodgeAway polymer blending mat helped her get the  great effects she was looking to achieve.





Project By Dimply

Dimply decided to use the detail of the mask as her focal point for her inspiration. The results have produced a clean line  elegant card with a concentrated colour palette.   

Although this project does not follow the sketch directly, its quality and clean lines reflect the versatility of the Splodge-A-Masks well.




Project By Suzicraft Susan

Susan, embossed Cordinations Cardstock with the Splodge-A-Mask through her Grand Calibur and sanded to get this lovely subtle effect.



I would like to Introduce Sue Jimson, the newest member of the DT team.  We asked Sue the same questions that we asked the rest of the team and this is what she said....


O.K... Sue tell us a bit about you....
I am a busy wife, mother and nana. Even though my two children have left home now they always find their way back with my two adorable grandsons in tow.  I’m either found in my craft room or in the kitchen. I’m on a carers break from work as my lovely hubby Paul isn’t well and this played a huge part in getting back into crafting as I make cards for charity and it was my way of de-stressing.

Another member of our family is our cocker spaniel Ollie who I bought for Paul when he had to retire from work because if  his health, he goes everywhere with us and has been known to partake in my crafting goodies if I forget to close the door to my craft room.  Ollie will do anything for a biscuit and when he visits Suzicraft, Tom is always found sneaking custard creams to him....


What is your favourite crafting product?
This is a hard question to answer as I have a few but I would say my distress inks and SplodgeAway mat as I use this all the time.

Who is your Crafting Hero/influence?
My art teacher who took me through my ‘O’ and ‘A’ level art. She was amazing and a total inspiration

What 3 words best describe you?
Outgoing, Friendly and Omptimistic

How do you feel about being on the Design Team?

I’m really excited and honoured to have been asked to join the team. It’s going to be challenging and rewarding and I’m so happy to be working with a great bunch of people


Project By Sue Jimson

Sue on the other hand turned the sketch around to create an A5 size card. The creative versatility of the mask in her embossing techniques has produced an amazing background and is something that I'm looking forward to trying out.




Tom, Susan and DT members would love to see your projects and how you have used your masks. I know that new designs are in the pipeline - can't wait! All the current designs are available on the SplodgeAway Web site if you want to take a look.

I would like to say thank you to our talented designers for their contributions this week. 

TFL

Annette x



1 comment:

  1. Love all of the cards!!love the new mat and wouldnt be without it!

    ReplyDelete